Montag, 13. Mai 2013

Mucho trabajo and even less sleep!

I can't believe how fast time flies by! I just realized today, that I'm already half way thru - pretty soon it will be July - and there is still so much work to be done! But well I guess, one only has two hands and we just take it day by day. But we definitely won't get bored, so that's awesome!

These past two weeks have been pretty crazy. First of all we threw a party on the 1st of May. All the teachers had off (to go party;) ). It's pretty awesome - in Peru it seems - people use every excuse they can get to throw parties. That's why they also have 'pharmacy day', 'secretary day', 'cebiche day' and soooo many more! Really I don't think there is one day, that is not dedicated to something or somebody! Anyways, when people have labor strikes on May 1st in Switzerland, Peruvians go out and celebrate. Gotta looove Peru! =D
So anyways, as everybody else was partying and having a good time we decided to party as well! We drank coca cola, ate snacks, sang and danced all afternoon!
Oh yeah we are party animals!

We also finished our first project - YAY!!!! It turned out really great and I'm so proud of these kids, with how much love and patience they painted these! Long live Barney and Minnie!
first time putting in a screw! Great job!

hard work!

our dear fans stayed true to us till the end!



We also started a new tradition of reading stories every week! So far we read a bunch of car stories, Peter Pan und Hänsel und Gretel! Haha, this is definitely great Spanish practice for me!


In the mornings we are still with the deaf kids. Right now we are doing a crochet project. They've already made little hair thingys and now we are making sombreros. Always great times! Alonso tells us at least 3 jokes every day - tho we haven't really understood one yet x) But we still have 1.5 months to try, right ;) We still need to tell them to slow down while talking, but we are catching on better and better. Sign language really fascinates me!



Also we took a trip up to Yura, to visit the thermal baths. Unfortunately pretty much everything is under construction. So only one of the 3 baths was open. First we hiked a little bit thru the village - well it isn't much more of a village than Guggisberg is ;) But it was still cool - beautiful landscape!
Ursina and I also went in the one bath that was open! Well let's just say - I don't think the water is really supposed to have this color x) I don't know how much hair I fished out of this tub - well I think it would have nearly been enough for a wig ;) Yuuuuu! Haha.
Also in this whole time I've been here, I've never had so many mosquito bites like I had after this trip! Ouch! It must have been the chocolate I ate the day before! Still I love you SWISS CHOCOLATE, I will always be true to you! =D

Yup this is my crazy busy life in Arequipa! Definitely enjoying it! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen