Sonntag, 26. Mai 2013

*sun, fun and ....MUCHO to do*

These past two weeks have been relatively busy! Well I guess, it's not like any of my other weeks are NOT busy ;) But this one especially - or maybe I just like to think so.

Last week we finished our crochet project with the 'sordos'. Now the seriousness of life is back in school. Well at least most of the time. ;) Nevertheless there is always a little bit of time to fool around. What happens if we fool around? Well see for yourself:




J. trying on my sombrero


Milene also came up with a new teaching method. Always two kids had to come up front. She would then ask them a question. The goal was to get the right answer before the other one did. If the answer was wrong or if you lost --- well this is what happened (not sure this teaching method would be accepted in Switzerland, haha) :



In the afternoons we continued our 'wall-project'. It's starting to look really cool! Together with each child, we make a painting of them. It's really awesome and I hope the kids are having just as much fun as we do. =P As for the people who work there at the orphanage- well we don't really know what they think about it. They never really say anything about the things we do... But we kinda decided for ourselves just to go on and do it for the kids. As long as they can have a smile on their faces - it's all we need! 
Judge for yourself, but I think they did an absolutely amazing job!


By the end of the week we had 8 paintings done!

Also this week my auntie left for Switzerland. We are very sad to have her gone - but we are very grateful that she lets us stay here anyways. As you can tell from me still being able to write this blog - we haven't starved to death yet - tho we are pretty close, I would say. ;) We definitely miss her amazing cooking skills !!!
Well yesterday we tried to make Rocoto - the end of the story was - Ursina crying at the lunch table because of the Rocoto. Ajajaj, but somehow we will survive - be it with just bread and water  ;)

On Thursday was my birthday. The teachers at the orphanage were super sweet! They brought me a cake. After singing a birthday song for me they said, that it was a tradition here, that I would have to take the first bite directly from the cake. Well I can officially cross of 'having a cake smashed in your face' from my bucket-list now... ;) 
After a long day of work, Ursina then invited me to go eat dinner at this super yummi place! I had poulet de orange - riiiiiiiiico!
We even had these little peruvian guys with the big sombreros playing in the background. They technically were there for somebody else, but they played just right next to our table - so this was like an extra treat for my b-day!

So as you can see - I'm not getting bored here! We are always finding ways and times to make sure that the fun of life is not missing.

Wish you all a faboulishious week! Be safe ye all and make sure you go have FUN!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen